Jesus said, "As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13.24b) Jesus calls us to love one another. That is our goal here at First Baptist! - to be a "church with a heart for Jesus."
We believe that showing Jesus' love includes: caring and connecting with others; building up believers to be stronger servants of Jesus; reaching out to our community and world with loving actions and Jesus' message. We also believe that we are called to show our "Heart for Jesus" through our worship, our Christlike lifestyle, and our growing faith.
As you join us for worship or activities we hope you will experience Jesus' love in tangible and active ways.
Our Service is a blend of traditional and contemporary. We sing traditional hymns and worship choruses. A message based on readings from the Bible is also shared each week.
SUNDAY WORSHIP: 9:15AM
SUNDAY SCHOOL: 10:30AM
Outdoor Lake Service at Lake Manitou Spillway @7:44am. Worshipers may come by boat, or drive and bring a lawn chair. (Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend).
CALL CHURCH OFFICE FOR LIST OF GROUPS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Church Office: 574-223-3613
M&M's FELLOWSHIP LUNCHEON...
Meet 2nd Wednesday of month at The Streamliner, 11:30am.
Fellowship Breakfast that meets monthly on last Saturday of the month at Alejandra's at 7:00am
Ladies Guild meets monthly on the 3rd Tuesday, meeting at various locations at 7:00pm
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the authoritative word of God.
- We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ, who was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, and was crucified for the sins of mankind.
We believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from Death; in His ascension to the right hand of The Father, and His future personal return in power and glory.
- We believe the personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, and Lord is essential and sufficient for salvation.
We believe the Holy Spirit blesses every believer with spiritual gifts which are to be used for the edification and building-up of the Body of Christ (The Church).
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to eternal life in God's heavenly presence, and the lost to eternal damnation and endless suffering.
We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, as The Church, or the Body of Christ.
- APRIL 2 - Morning Bible Study 9:00am; Youth Praise Time 6:00 - 6:45pm; James Bible Study 6:00 - 7:30pm
- APRIL 3 - Executive Committee Meeting 7:00pm; Choir 7:00pm
- APRIL 6 - Family and Fellowship Retreat at Camp Tippy 1:00 - 6:00pm
- APRIL 7 - Men's Prayer Group 7:00pm
- APRIL 8 - Christian Education Board Meeting 5:00pm
- APRIL 9 - Morning Bible Study 9:00am; M&M's 11:30am; Youth Praise 6:00 - 6:45pm; James Bible Study 6:00pm; Church Boards Meeting 7:30pm
- APRIL 10 - Choir Practice 7:00pm
- APRIL 11 - AWANA Volunteer Appreciation
- APRIL 13 - Youth Group 6:30 - 8:00pm
- APRIL 15 - MOPS 6:00 - 8:00pm; Fellowship Guild 7:30pm
- APRIL 16 - Morning Bible Study 9:00am; Youth Praise 6:00 - 6:45pm; James Bible Study 6:00pm; Free Meal at Grace
- APRIL 17 - Maunday Thursday Service 7:00pm
- APRIL 18 - Community Good Friday Service at Grace 7:00pm
- APRIL 20 - Resurrection Sunday!
- APRIL 23 - Morning Bible Study; James Bible Study 6:00pm; Marriage Prep Class 6:00pm
- APRIL 24 - Choir Practice 7:00pm
- APRIL 26 - Men's Fellowship Breakfast
- APRIL 27 - Youth Group 6:30 - 8:00pm
- APRIL 30 - Morning Bible Study 9:00am; James Bible Study 6:00pm; Marriage Prep Class 6:00pm
APRIL MISSION FOCUS 2014
- SCHOLARSHIP FUND
The First Baptist Church Scholarship Fund provides scholarships twice a year to college students. To receive the scholarships, applicants must be reasonably active in the church. Consideration is given to all applicants, regardless of financial need. This fund is entirely funded by donations. Checks should be made payable to First Baptist Church with the “scholarships” written on the memo line. Please continue to keep our college students in your prayers and thank you for your thoughtful consideration to furthering their education through your support if possible.
MEN'S PRAYER GROUP...
Men of Rochester, you are invited to join us for men’s prayer group! We will be meeting Monday, April 7th at the First Baptist Church at 7pm. Any man who might have an interest in praising God and being encouraged in their faith should attend!
Contact Braden Chandler, 223-2367 if you have any questions.
First Baptist will be hosting the Free Meal at Grace United Methodist Church on Wednesday, April 16th. Thanks to everyone that provided groceries and came to help in March. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s help and financial support. If you would like to make a monetary donation, checks can be written to First Baptist Church with Free Meal written on the memo line.
CHURCH AND FAMILY RETREAT...
1:30 to 4 PM- Time for walking, talking, praying, hanging-out with friends.
4 PM- Worship- singing, testimonies, and sharing
5 PM- Weiner Roast, and dinner.
People are invited to bring a dish, salad, or dessert to share. Hot dogs, buns, drinks & table service (paper plates, cups, & plastic ware) will be provided.
Pray for a Warm Sunny Day. But, if weather is inclement- there will be some indoor activities planned.
APRIL YOUTH SCHEDULE...
- APRIL 6: RETREAT CAMP AT TIPPY
- APRIL 13: MEET AT CHURCH 6:30 - 8:00PM
- APRIL 20: HAPPY EASTER!
- APRIL 27: MEET AT CHURCH 6:30 - 8:00PM
SAVE DATE FOR VBS...
Mega Sports Camp will be June 11-13 from 9 am to noon at Faith Outreach Center. This vacation Bible school outreach program is a sports camp with all the vital elements of VBS included. It is a joint outreach of First Baptist, Grace and Trinity United Methodist churches, Community Presbyterian and Mill Creek. Registration will be available as the date draws nearer.
IT IS TIME TO SIGN UP FOR CHURCH CAMP!
Tell your kids, grandkids and neighbor kids about church camp! Camps are offered for those who have completed kindergarten through college-age students. First Baptist will pay half the cost of each camper’s fee and scholarships are available. Church camp schedules and registration forms are available in the foyer.
JAMES - MERCY TRIUMPHS...
It’s not too late to join the women’s Bible study on the book of James. The study group meets Wednesdays, 6-7:30 pm, beginning April 9 at the church. The group will watch Beth Moore’s study “James—Mercy Triumphs” on DVD. The study lasts through the end of May. To join the study or ask questions, contact Rhonda Johnson, 223-9690.
WHAT IS THE MARRIAGE PREPARATION COURSE?...(open to all couples preparing for marriage)
- A FIVE SESSION COURSE
- HELD IN A NON- THREATENING ATMOSPHERE (ROCHESTER PUBLIC LIBRARY MEETING ROOM)
- A TIME FOR LISTENING TO PRACTICAL TALKS THAT ARE INFORMATIONATIVE AND FUN
- THERE IS NEVER ANY GROUP WORK AND YOU WILL NEVER BE ASKED TO SHARE ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH ANYONE OTHER THAN YOUR PARTNER
WHY DO THE COURSE?
- If you are like most people you prepare and plan for many things in life: education, career, retirement and holidays.
- And most couples spend up to 250 hours planning their wedding, but very little time, if any, planning for married life.
- There are many things you can do to begin building a lifelong, happy marriage. Investing in your relationship before you are married will reap rewards for many years to come.
- Place: Rochester Public Library
- Dates: April 23rd and 30th, May 7, 21, 28 (Wednesday Evenings)
- Time: 6:00 - 7:30pm
- Cost: FREE
- Who's Invited: Open to all couples preparing for marriage - Please call First Baptist Church office to reserve a spot at 574-223-3613
- Sponsored By: Pastor Mark Spencer, First Baptist Church
Men of Rochester, you are invited to join us as we start our third year of the men’s prayer group! We will be meeting Monday, March 3rd at the First Baptist Church at 7pm. Any man who might have an interest in praising God and being encouraged in their faith should attend! Contact Braden Chandler, 223-2367 if you have any questions.
If you have an immediate need call the First Baptist Church of Rochester at 574-223-3613.
CLICK ANY THUMBNAIL TO BEGIN THE PHOTO GALLERY...