Jesus said, "As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13.24b) Jesus calls us to love one another. That is our goal here at First Baptist! - to be a "church with a heart for Jesus."
We believe that showing Jesus' love includes: caring and connecting with others; building up believers to be stronger servants of Jesus; reaching out to our community and world with loving actions and Jesus' message. We also believe that we are called to show our "Heart for Jesus" through our worship, our Christlike lifestyle, and our growing faith.
As you join us for worship or activities we hope you will experience Jesus' love in tangible and active ways.
- NOVEMBER 1 - DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME BEGINS, PUT CLOCKS BACK 1 HOUR
- NOVEMBER 3 - MEN'S PRAYER GROUP 7:00PM
- NOVEMBER 4 - ELECTION DAY
- NOVEMBER 5 - MORNING BIBLE STUDY 9:00AM; LIGHT MEAL 5:30PM;
AWANA 6:00 - 7:30PM
- NOVEMBER 6 - EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING 7:00PM; CHOIR 7:00PM
- NOVEMBER 8 - CHURCH WOMEN UNITED
- NOVEMBER 9 - YOUTH GROUP 6:30 - 8:00PM
- NOVEMBER 11 - CHRISTIAN ED MEETING 5:00PM
- NOVEMBER 12 - MORNING BIBLE STUDY 9:00AM; M&M'S 11:30AM; LIGHT MEAL 5:30PM; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30PM; CHURCH BOARDS 7:30PM; QUARTERLY BUSINESS MEETING 8:15PM
- NOVEMBER 13 - CHOIR 7:00PM
- NOVEMBER 16 - CHURCH THANKSGIVING MEAL
- NOVEMBER 18 - MOPS 6:00 - 8:00PM; FELLOWSHIP GUILD 7:00PM
- NOVEMBER 19 - MORNING BIBLE STUDY 9:00AM; LIGHT MEAL 5:30PM; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30PM
- NOVEMBER 20 - CHOIR 7:00P
- NOVEMBER 21 - AWANA TARGET REWARD NIGHT
- NOVEMBER 22 - MEN'S FELLOWSHIP BREAKFAST 7:00AM; YOUTH MOVIE NIGHT 7:00 - 9:00PM
- NOVEMBER 23 - COMMUNITY THANKSGIVING SERVICE AT FIRST BAPTIST
- NOVEMBER 27 - THANKSGIVING
AWANA CLUBS NOVEMBER 2014 CALENDAR...
- Wednesday, November 5th: Regular Club 6:00 - 7:30pm
- Wednesday, November 12th: Regular Club 6:00 - 7:30pm
- Wednesday, November 19th: Turkey Gobble Night / Target Night 6:00 - 7:30pm
- Friday, November 21st: Target Reward Night, Big Screen Movie with Popcorn
- THERE WILL NOT BE A MEETING ON NOVEMBER 26TH. ENJOY THANKSGIVING WITH YOUR FAMILY!
A light meal is served each Wednesday night that we meet from 5:30-5:50 p.m.
Volunteers are always needed to serve all ages: Puggles (nursery), Cubbies (preschool), Sparks (K-2nd grade), Truth &Training (3rd-6th grade). To learn more, contact Rhonda Johnson, 223-9690, 574-721-8544,
MEN'S PRAYER GROUP...
Men of Rochester, you are invited to join us for men’s prayer group! We will be meeting Monday, November 3rd at the First Baptist Church at 7pm. Any man who has an interest in praising God and being encouraged in their faith should attend! Contact Braden Chandler, 223-2367 if you have any questions.
First Baptist will be hosting the Free Meal at Grace United Methodist Church on Wednesday, November 19th. Thanks to everyone that provided groceries and came to help in October. We sincerely appreci-ate everyone’s help and financial support. If you would like to make a monetary donation, checks can be written to First Baptist Church with Free Meal written on the memo line.
Children's Church Volunteer Schedule...
Follower's Class (Pre-K)
- November 2 - Ashly Berry
- November 9 - Cindy Loper
- November 16 - Melissa Judy
- November 23 - Mary Ellen Lowe
- November 30 - Jamie Bauch & Mandie McCarter
Disciples Class (K-3rd Grade)...
- November: Rhonda Johnson
- November 2 - Morgan Leslie, Mackenzie Lesli, Elly Fuller
- November 9 - Abbie McCarter, Grant McCarter, Andrew Bauch
- November 16 - Ashleigh Navarro, Brianna Yarber, Elijah Yarber
- November 23 - Amelia Scorsone, Elizabeth Weaver, Dylan Weaver
- November 30 - Abbie McCarter, Grant McCarter, Andrew Bauch
NOVEMBER MISSION FOCUS 2014 "World Mission Offering"...
The “World Mission Offering” is the mission focus for First Baptist Church during the month of November. Missionaries work daily throughout the world to teach people about Christianity and bring them to Jesus. The single largest source of financial support for these In-ternational missionaries and ministers is the “World Mission Offering.” Your financial support of this month’s mission will go 100% to making more disciples of Jesus Christ around the world.
Through your offering, the work of these individuals is supported for short and long term missionaries as well as volunteers, special assistants and over 150 partner mission workers.
The goal for the Rochester, Indiana First Baptist Church this month is $2500. As found in Proverbs 28: “He who gives to the poor will lack for nothing.” If you are able to give to this “World Mission Offering” please make your check payable to First Bap-tist Church and mark the memo with “World Mission Offering.” Thank you for sharing your own treasures for those in need of knowing Christ and for your con-tinued prayers.
Members of the M&M’s met on October 8, 2014 at the Streamliner for lunch.
Junior Bose’s devotions were based on the book of 1st John and Hebrews. The theme was “Formed For God’s Family.”
October birthdays were acknowledged for Wilma Tilson, Millie Anness and Mary Barnett.
Short stories and jokes were told by Junior Bose, Barb Ogle and Roberta Evans.
Cards were passed to be signed to remember birthdays, cheer and get well for friends of M&M’s.
Prayer concerns were raised for Paul Davis (Life Care), Pat Thompson, John and Marilyn Fry, Ed King (fall) and Barb Krom Bryant (broken leg).
The next meeting will be held on November 12, 2014 at the Streamliner for lunch and an hour of Christian fellowship. Plan to join us.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the authoritative word of God.
- We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ, who was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, and was crucified for the sins of mankind.
We believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from Death; in His ascension to the right hand of The Father, and His future personal return in power and glory.
- We believe the personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, and Lord is essential and sufficient for salvation.
We believe the Holy Spirit blesses every believer with spiritual gifts which are to be used for the edification and building-up of the Body of Christ (The Church).
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to eternal life in God's heavenly presence, and the lost to eternal damnation and endless suffering.
We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, as The Church, or the Body of Christ.
CLICK ANY THUMBNAIL TO BEGIN THE PHOTO GALLERY...
If you have an immediate need call the First Baptist Church of Rochester at 574-223-3613.
Our Service is a blend of traditional and contemporary. We sing traditional hymns and worship choruses. A message based on readings from the Bible is also shared each week.
SUNDAY SCHOOL: 10:30am
SUNDAY WORSHIP: 9:15am
Outdoor Lake Service at Lake Manitou Spillway @7:44am. Worshipers may come by boat, or drive and bring a lawn chair. (Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend).
CALL CHURCH OFFICE FOR LIST OF GROUPS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Church Office: 574-223-3613
M&M's FELLOWSHIP LUNCHEON...
Meet 2nd Wednesday of month at The Streamliner, 11:30am.
Fellowship Breakfast that meets monthly on last Saturday of the month at Alejandra's at 7:00am
Ladies Guild meets monthly on the 3rd Tuesday, meeting at various locations at 7:00pm