Jesus said, "As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13.24b) Jesus calls us to love one another. That is our goal here at First Baptist! - to be a "church with a heart for Jesus."
We believe that showing Jesus' love includes: caring and connecting with others; building up believers to be stronger servants of Jesus; reaching out to our community and world with loving actions and Jesus' message. We also believe that we are called to show our "Heart for Jesus" through our worship, our Christlike lifestyle, and our growing faith.
As you join us for worship or activities we hope you will experience Jesus' love in tangible and active ways.
Our Service is a blend of traditional and contemporary. We sing traditional hymns and worship choruses. A message based on readings from the Bible is also shared each week.
LAKE SERVICE: 7:44AM
SUNDAY SCHOOL: 9:30AM
SUNDAY WORSHIP: 10:30AM
Outdoor Lake Service at Lake Manitou Spillway @7:44am. Worshipers may come by boat, or drive and bring a lawn chair. (Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend).
CALL CHURCH OFFICE FOR LIST OF GROUPS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Church Office: 574-223-3613
M&M's FELLOWSHIP LUNCHEON...
Meet 2nd Wednesday of month at The Streamliner, 11:30am.
Fellowship Breakfast that meets monthly on last Saturday of the month at Alejandra's at 7:00am
Ladies Guild meets monthly on the 3rd Tuesday, meeting at various locations at 7:00pm
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the authoritative word of God.
- We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ, who was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, and was crucified for the sins of mankind.
We believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from Death; in His ascension to the right hand of The Father, and His future personal return in power and glory.
- We believe the personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, and Lord is essential and sufficient for salvation.
We believe the Holy Spirit blesses every believer with spiritual gifts which are to be used for the edification and building-up of the Body of Christ (The Church).
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to eternal life in God's heavenly presence, and the lost to eternal damnation and endless suffering.
We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, as The Church, or the Body of Christ.
- AUGUST 3 - Scholarship Sunday 10:30am Service
- AUGUST 6 - AWANA Leader Training 6:00 - 7:30pm
- AUGUST 7 - Executive Committee Meeting 7:00pm
- JUNE 5 - Executive Committee Meeting 7:00pm
- AUGUST 13 - M&M's 11:30am; AWANA Carnival 6:00 - 7:30pm; Church Boards Meeting 7:30pm
- AUGUST 18 - Men's Prayer Group 7:00pm
- AUGUST 19 - Fellowship Guild at McCarter's 5:30pm; MOPS resumes
- AUGUST 20 - Free Meal; Lite Meal 5:30pm; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30pm
- AUGUST 23 - Men's Fellowship Breakfast 7:00am
- AUGUST 24 - Youth Group Kickoff
- AUGUST 27 - Lite Meal 5:30pm; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30pm
AWANA CLUBS AUGUST CALENDAR...
- Wednesday, August 6th: AWANA Leader Orientation 6:00 - 7:30pm
- Wednesday, August 13th: AWANA Roundup (registration open house with a western flair), 6:00 - 7:30pm
- Wednesday, August 20th: First night of AWANA Clubs, 6:00 - 7:30pm with meal served from 5:30 to 5:50pm
- Wednesday, August 27th: Inside Out Night, clubbers wear clothes / uniforms inside-out, theme Scripture: 1 Samuel 16:7
Leaders are still needed to serve with all ages: Puggles (nursery), Cubbies (preschool), Sparks (K-2nd grade), Truth &Training (3rd-6th grade). To learn more, contact Rhonda Johnson, 223-9690, 574-721-8544, email@example.com.
First Baptist will be hosting the Free Meal at Grace United Methodist Church on Wednesday, August 20th. Thanks to everyone that provided groceries and came to help in July. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s help and financial support. If you would like to make a monetary do-nation, checks can be written to First Baptist Church with Free Meal written on the memo line.
AUGUST MISSION FOCUS 2014 - "HABITAT FOR HUMANITY"...
“…Whatever you did for one of the least of the brothers of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40. This scripture is the forefront of our local Fulton county Habitat for Humanity Chapter. As we focus on our August Mission 2014 through the First Baptist Church. Rochester, please focus on this scripture as you consider a monetary donation for our local Habitat Chapter. The Fulton County Chapter has been as-sisting local neighbors since 1990. The supporters of the Fulton County Habitat for Humanity are continuously re-membering the words of Matthew 25:40 as they work to “…Refresh neighborhoods, increase property values and bene-fit the entire community.” If you are able to contribute this month, please make your check payable to the First Baptist Church and mark Habitat for Humanity on the memo line. Thank you for your prayers and support for this significant group of volunteers and supporters within our own local community.
MEN'S PRAYER GROUP...
Men of Rochester, you are invited to join us for men’s prayer group! We will be meeting Monday, August 18th at the First Baptist Church at 7pm. Any man who has an in-terest in praising God and be-ing encouraged in their faith should attend! Contact Braden Chandler, 223-2367 if you have any questions.
The M&M’s met on July 9, 2014 at the Streamliner for lunch with 17 present.
Junior Bose opened with prayer and after lunch gave devotions based on the book of Isaiah, chapter 10, verse 8. The theme was “Shopped for Survival”.
We celebrated the July birthdays of Betty Jo Misenhimer and Bonnie Townsend.
Maxine and Wendell Bearss will celebrate their wedding anniversary on July 15th.
Barbara Ogle and Junior Bose shared sev-eral jokes and short stories.
Mark Spencer thanked everyone for cards, gifts and helping to celebrate his marriage to Rinda Rogers on June 29th.
Prayer concerns were raised for Sue Stokes (bypass surgery on July 30th), Delores Butcher (recovering from hip surgery), Duane Border (recovering from bypass surgery), Connie Judy (health concerns), and Marilyn Fry.
The next meeting will be August 13, 2014 at the Streamliner for lunch at 11:30.
If you have an immediate need call the First Baptist Church of Rochester at 574-223-3613.
CLICK ANY THUMBNAIL TO BEGIN THE PHOTO GALLERY...