Jesus said, "As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13.24b) Jesus calls us to love one another. That is our goal here at First Baptist! - to be a "church with a heart for Jesus."
We believe that showing Jesus' love includes: caring and connecting with others; building up believers to be stronger servants of Jesus; reaching out to our community and world with loving actions and Jesus' message. We also believe that we are called to show our "Heart for Jesus" through our worship, our Christlike lifestyle, and our growing faith.
As you join us for worship or activities we hope you will experience Jesus' love in tangible and active ways.
Our Service is a blend of traditional and contemporary. We sing traditional hymns and worship choruses. A message based on readings from the Bible is also shared each week.
LAKE SERVICE: 7:44AM
SUNDAY SCHOOL: 9:30AM
SUNDAY WORSHIP: 10:30AM
Outdoor Lake Service at Lake Manitou Spillway @7:44am. Worshipers may come by boat, or drive and bring a lawn chair. (Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend).
CALL CHURCH OFFICE FOR LIST OF GROUPS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Church Office: 574-223-3613
M&M's FELLOWSHIP LUNCHEON...
Meet 2nd Wednesday of month at The Streamliner, 11:30am.
Fellowship Breakfast that meets monthly on last Saturday of the month at Alejandra's at 7:00am
Ladies Guild meets monthly on the 3rd Tuesday, meeting at various locations at 7:00pm
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the authoritative word of God.
- We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ, who was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, and was crucified for the sins of mankind.
We believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from Death; in His ascension to the right hand of The Father, and His future personal return in power and glory.
- We believe the personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, and Lord is essential and sufficient for salvation.
We believe the Holy Spirit blesses every believer with spiritual gifts which are to be used for the edification and building-up of the Body of Christ (The Church).
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to eternal life in God's heavenly presence, and the lost to eternal damnation and endless suffering.
We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, as The Church, or the Body of Christ.
- SEPTEMBER 1 - LABOR DAY
- SEPTEMBER 3 - LITE MEAL 5:30PM; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30PM
- SEPTEMBER 4 - EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING 7:00PM; CHOIR 7:00PM
- SEPTEMBER 7 - PROMOTION SUNDAY 9:15AM; WORSHIP 10:30AM; SUNDAY SCHOOL
- SEPTEMBER 8 - MEN'S PRAYER GROUP 7:00PM
- SEPTEMBER 9 - BOARD OF CHRISTIAN ED MEETING 5:00PM
- SEPTEMBER 10 - MORNING BIBLE STUDY 9:00AM; M&M'S 11:30AM; LITE MEAL 5:30PM; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30PM; CHURCH BOARDS MEETING 7:30PM
- SEPTEMBER 11 - CHOIR 7:00PM
- SEPTEMBER 14 - AWANA CAR WORKSHOP 2:00 - 4:00PM
- SEPTEMBER 16 - MOPS 6:00 - 8:00PM; FELLOWSHIP GUILD 7:00PM
- SEPTEMBER 17 - FREE MEAL; MORNING BIBLE STUDY 9:00AM; LITE MEAL 5:30PM; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30PM
- SEPTEMBER 18 - CHOIR 7:00PM
- SEPTEMBER 24 - MORNING BIBLE STUDY 9:00AM; LITE MEAL 5:30PM; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30PM
- SEPTEMBER 25 - CHOIR 7:00PM
- SEPTEMBER 27 - PRAYER DAY 6:00AM TO 12 NOON; MEN'S FELLOWSHIP BREAKFAST 7:00AM
- SEPTEMBER 28 - AWANA GRAND PRIX RACE
AWANA CLUBS SEPTEMBER CALENDAR...
- Wednesday, September 3rd: Regular Club, 6:00 - 7:30pm; Cubbies Parent Night
- Wednesday, September 10th: Regular Club, 6:00 - 7:30pm; Sparks Parents Night
- Sunday, September 14th: Car Building Workshop 2:00 - 4:00pm
- Wednesday, September 17th: Regular Club, 6:00 - 7:00pm; T&T Parent Night
- Wednesday, September 24th: Bring A Friend Night, 6:00 - 7:30pm
A light meal is served each Wednesday night that we meet from 5:30-5:50 p.m.
Volunteers are always needed to serve all ages: Puggles (nursery), Cubbies (preschool), Sparks (K-2nd grade), Truth &Training (3rd-6th grade). To learn more, contact Rhonda Johnson, 223-9690, 574-721-8544,
EDNA MARTIN CHRISTIAN CENTER...
Fellowship Guild ladies are asking for the congre-gation’s help in collecting paper and soap products for the Indianapolis center throughout September. Collection boxes are located in the upper hallway.
First Baptist will be hosting the Free Meal at Grace United Methodist Church on Wednesday, September 17th. Thanks to everyone that provided groceries and came to help in August. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s help and financial support. If you would like to make a monetary donation, checks can be written to First Baptist Church with Free Meal written on the memo line.
MORNING BIBLE STUDY...
The Wednesday Morning Bible Study will resume on Wednesday, September 10th at 9:00 a.m.
September Mission Focus 2014 “United Ministries”...
The Mission focus for September 2014 for First Baptist Church is Fulton County United Ministries. This important organization provides missions to members of our commu-nity through both the local United Ministries Food Pantry and the Outreach Program. United Ministries is part of the Rochester Circle of Merchants and relies on donations for its continued mission success. As we are reminded in Psalm 37 “...the righteous give generously, those the Lord blesses…” If you are able to give this month to United Min-istries, please make your check payable to First Baptist Church and mark United Ministries in the memo line. Thank you for your continued support of our monthly mis-sions and continued prayers for these organizations.
MEN'S PRAYER GROUP...
Men of Rochester, you are invited to join us for men’s prayer group! We will be meeting Monday, September 8th at the First Baptist Church at 7pm. Any man who has an interest in praising God and being encouraged in their faith should attend! Contact Braden Chandler, 223-2367 if you have any questions.
The M&M’s met at the Streamliner on August 13, 2014 with 20 present.
Junior Bose gave devotions based on the book of Romans, chapter 5 and verse 10. The theme was “Becoming Best Friends with God.” August birthdays were recognized for Car-mella Villasana, Jim Hoglund and Joy Byers. Richard and Betty Jo Misenhimer celebrated their 59th wedding anniversary on August 25th. Roberta Evans gave the cheer report and passed cards to be signed. Entertainment was shared with jokes and short stories by Junior Bose, Barb Ogle and Rich-ard Misenhimer. Prayer requests were raised for Pat Thomp-son, the Hungeford family, Marilyn Fry and Sue Stokes (surgery August 21st).
The next meeting will be September 10, 2014 at the Streamliner at 11:30 for lunch. Please come and join us for an hour of Christian fellowship.
If you have an immediate need call the First Baptist Church of Rochester at 574-223-3613.
CLICK ANY THUMBNAIL TO BEGIN THE PHOTO GALLERY...