Jesus said, "As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13.24b) Jesus calls us to love one another. That is our goal here at First Baptist! - to be a "church with a heart for Jesus."
We believe that showing Jesus' love includes: caring and connecting with others; building up believers to be stronger servants of Jesus; reaching out to our community and world with loving actions and Jesus' message. We also believe that we are called to show our "Heart for Jesus" through our worship, our Christlike lifestyle, and our growing faith.
As you join us for worship or activities we hope you will experience Jesus' love in tangible and active ways.
- Worship Service 9:15am
- Sunday School 10:30am
- Lakeside Service at Lake Manitou Spillway (Summertime only) 7:44am
Meets at the home of John & Marilyn Fry at 7:00pm
Meets at the Church at 9:00am
Two Adult Bible Studies, current topics are Colossians and "A Woman of Hospitality."
Outdoor Lake Service at Lake Manitou Spillway @7:44am. Worshipers may come by boat, or drive and bring a lawn chair. (Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend).
CALL CHURCH OFFICE FOR LIST OF GROUPS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Church Office: 574-223-3613
For children ages 2 to Junior High, meeting on Wednesday nights from 6:00 to 7:30pm
Meet 2nd Wednesday of month at The Streamliner, 11:30am.
Fellowship Breakfast that meets monthly on last Saturday of the month at Alejandra's at 7:00am
Ladies Guild meets monthly on the 3rd Tuesday, meeting at various locations at 7:00pm
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the authoritative word of God.
- We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ, who was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, and was crucified for the sins of mankind.
We believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from Death; in His ascension to the right hand of The Father, and His future personal return in power and glory.
- We believe the personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, and Lord is essential and sufficient for salvation.
We believe the Holy Spirit blesses every believer with spiritual gifts which are to be used for the edification and building-up of the Body of Christ (The Church).
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to eternal life in God's heavenly presence, and the lost to eternal damnation and endless suffering.
We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, as The Church, or the Body of Christ.
- MARCH 2 - Youth Group 8:00pm
- MARCH 3 - Men's Prayer Group 7:00pm
- MARCH 5 - Bible Study 9:00am; Lite Meal 5:30pm; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30pm
- MARCH 6 - Church Council 6:00pm; Meal 6:45pm
- MARCH 9 - Spring Ahead - Daylight Savings Begins; Youth Group 6:30 - 8:00pm
- MARCH 11 - Board Of Christian Ed Meeting 5:00pm
- MARCH 12 - Bible Study 9:00am; M&M's 11:30am; Lite Meal 5:30pm; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30pm; Church Boards Meeting 7:30pm
- MARCH 16 - AWANA Sunday 10:30am - 12:30pm; Green Eggs & Ham Brunch
6:30; Youth Group 8:00pm
- MARCH 17 - Happy St. Patrick's Day
- MARCH 18 - MOPS 6:00 - 8:00pm; Fellowship Guild 7:30pm
- MARCH 19 - Bible Study 9:00am; Lite Meal 5:30pm; AWANA Awards 6:00pm
- MARCH 20 - Youth Trip to Winter Jam Concert
- MARCH 21 - Koinonia Class going to see movie premier of "God Is Not Dead".
- MARCH 22 - Prayer Day 6:00am to 12 Noon
- MARCH 23 - Youth Group 6:30 - 8:00pm
- MARCH 26 - Bible Study 9:00am
- MARCH 30 - Youth Group 6:30 - 8:00pm
ANNUAL GREEN EGGS & HAM BRUNCH...
To be held Sunday, March 16th from 10:30am - 12:30pm. Menu items are:
- GREEN EGGS & HAM
- HASH BROWN CASSEROLE
MARCH YOUTH SCHEDULE...
- Sunday, March 2nd: 6:30 - 8:00pm at the Church
- Sunday, March 9th: 6:30 - 8:00pm at the Church
- Sunday, March 16th: 6:30 - 8:00pm at the Church
- Thursday, March 20th: Winter Jam leaving 4:30pm
- Sunday, March 23rd: 6:30 - 8:00pm at the Church
- Sunday, March 30th: 6:30 - 8:00pm at the Church
Thirteen members and friends met at the Streamliner for lunch on Feb. 12, 2014.
Junior Bose gave devotions based on the book of John, chapter 3, verse 16. The theme was “The Best Expression of Love is Time.”
Because the January meeting was cancelled, we remembered those having a birthday in Janu-ary. They were Maxine Bearss, Carlene Snipes and Barb Ogle. Those having a February birthday were Virginia Cumberland, Wendell Bearss, Rich-ard Misenhimer, Joanne Bendall and Patricia John-son.
Valentine cards were passed and signed for friends of M&M’s. Entertainment was provided by Junior Bose, Barb Ogle and Carol Warmbrod. Prayer concerns were raised for Ruth Bose, Marilyn Fry, Wilma McCray, Joan Ewing, Joanne Bendall and Sharon Border.
The next meeting will be held on March 12, 2014 at the Streamliner for lunch at 11:30. Please plan to join us.
Ten ladies met on February 18 at church with Roberta Evans and Lynn Groenleer hosting. Vice-President Kaleen Krom-Davis intro-duced guest, Debbie Phillips who along with Kaleen and Donna Frissinger are organizing the “Because We Live” program. The pur-pose is for community members to reach out with the love of God through prayer for solutions to the local community’s corruption and problems. The second phase will be “Celebrate Recovery”.
President Beth Foster called the meeting to order, and roll call was answered with verses from Joel. Roberta Evans gave the treasurer’s report in Elsie Long’s ab-sence. Cindy Border made a motion the group give $25 to Church Women United, and it carried.
Devotions were given by Cindy on St. Patrick and the sham-rock. She closed with “Prayer Pause” based on Psalm 119 from Coffee Break with God. Love gift was collected by Roberta Evans reading “His Promise of Peace” based on Psalm 46:10 from Sunset with God. Lynn Groenleer gave the cheer report and passed cards to be signed.
Nancy Krom of White Cross announced Church World Ser-vice’s need for school kits. She reviewed items to include in the kits or a $15 donation, and the congregation will be asked to help with the pro-ject. These will be collected and mailed after the March meeting.
Prayer requests were taken, and Beth led in a friendship circle prayer to close the meeting. Beth Foster and Patricia Johnson will host the March 18 meet-ing. Devotions will be given by Beth, and Nancy Krom will lead the group in rolling bandages for White Cross.
SCHOOL KITS FOR CHURCH WORLD SERVICE...
Church World Service is in need of School Kits, which give children in impoverished schools, refugee camps or other difficult settings some of the basic tools for learning. CWS needs kits. Kits will be gone in a few months.
SCHOOL KITS: 1 pair blunt (round tip) scissors, 1 30cm (12 inch) ruler, 1 hand-held pencil sharpener, 1 eraser, 6 new pencils with erasers, 1 box of 24 crayons (only 24), 3 70-count spiral notebooks or notebooks totaling 200-210 pages, 1 12X14 to 14X17 finished size cotton or light weight canvas bag with cloth handles (Please, no reusable shopping bags or backpacks.) Bundle items inside the cloth bag, fold top over, and secure with two large rubber bands.
First Baptist will be hosting the Free Meal at Grace United Methodist Church on Wednesday, March 19th. Thanks to everyone that provided groceries and came to help in February. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s help and financial support. If you would like to make a monetary donation, checks can be written to First Baptist Church with Free Meal written on the memo line.
JOIN A SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS TODAY!
We have classes for all ages. Classes are 10:30 to 11:30am.
- NURSERY CARE: Linda Lowry, Lower Level
- CHILDREN'S CLASSES: The children are studying through the Bible beginning in Genesis.
- PRESCHOOL: Brianne Miller and Katie Yarber, Upper Level
- KINDERGARTEN - 2ND GRADE: Jean Halfast
- 3RD TO 5TH GRADE: Karla Sroufe, Lower Level
- MIDDLE HIGH: Lukas and Stacey Schoenhals, Lower Level
- HIGH SCHOOL: Cindy Bowditch, Lower Level
- PATHFINDERS: Michael Bowditch, Upper Level. Class members share Scripture / devotions and discussions.
- BAPTIST SEEKERS: Beth Foster, Lower Level. Class is studying David C. Cook curriculum.
- KOINONIA: Braden Chandler, Upper Level. Class is studying Ray VanderLaan's Prophets and Kings.
- BAPTIST BUILDERS: Maxine Bearss, Katie McCarter, Kevin Kennedy, Upper Level. Class is studying David C. Cook curriculum.
MARCH 2014 MISSION FOCUS - AMERICA FOR CHRIST...
Connect. Care. Celebrate. America for Christ Offering 2014 “With Willing Hands.”
This is our mission focus for the month of March. Your gifts this month will continue to assist in the celebration of “…a Child’s Connection to Christ.” Throughout the United States and Puerto Rico, America for Christ works with children in poverty by assisting them with evangelism, discipleship and ministry. In giving to this ministry, please make your check payable to the church and mark “America for Christ” on the memo line.
MEN'S PRAYER GROUP...
Men of Rochester, you are invited to join us as we start our third year of the men’s prayer group! We will be meeting Monday, March 3rd at the First Baptist Church at 7pm. Any man who might have an interest in praising God and being encouraged in their faith should attend! Contact Braden Chandler, 223-2367 if you have any questions.
- Wednesday, March 5 - Military Night
- Wednesday, March 12 - Regular Club
- Wednesday, March 19 - Awards Night
AWANA CLUBS are open to children ages 3 years to 6th Grade. Each Wednesday, a light meal is served at 5:30pm and AWANA Activities are from 6:00 to 7:30pm.
AWANA SUNDAY: Awana clubbers will sing and share Scriptures they’ve learned during the church service on Sunday, March 16.
AWANA AWARDS: The church is invited to support our Awana children by attend-ing the 6 p.m. awards night program on Wednesday, March 19. A pizza dinner will be served at 5:30 p.m. We will recognize the students’ dedication to learning Scripture and will appreci-ate our ministry volunteers.
BETH MOORE BIBLE STUDY...
We will offer Beth Moore’s DVD Bible study “James—Mercy Triumphs” 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesdays in April and May at the church. The study has multi-ple levels of participation from simply watch-ing the DVDs to doing a five-day-per-week study in the book of James. Please sign up on the sheet on the foyer window so that books may be ordered for those who wish to do the daily Bible study. Contact Rhonda Johnson, 223-9690, if you have questions.
If you have an immediate need call the First Baptist Church of Rochester at 574-223-3613.