Jesus said, "As I have loved you, so you must love one another." (John 13.24b) Jesus calls us to love one another. That is our goal here at First Baptist! - to be a "church with a heart for Jesus."
We believe that showing Jesus' love includes: caring and connecting with others; building up believers to be stronger servants of Jesus; reaching out to our community and world with loving actions and Jesus' message. We also believe that we are called to show our "Heart for Jesus" through our worship, our Christlike lifestyle, and our growing faith.
As you join us for worship or activities we hope you will experience Jesus' love in tangible and active ways.
- OCTOBER 1 - MORNING BIBLE STUDY 9:00AM; LIGHT MEAL 5:30PM; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30PM
- OCTOBER 2- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING 7:00PM; CHOIR 7:00PM
- OCTOBER 3 - AWANA TARGET REWARD NIGHT
- OCTOBER 6 - MEN'S PRAYER GROUP 7:00PM
- OCTOBER 7 - CHRISTIAN ED BOARD MEETING 5:00PM
- OCTOBER 8 - MORNING BIBLE STUDY 9:00AM; M&M'S 11:30AM; LIGHT MEAL 5:30PM; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30PM; CHURCH BOARDS MEETING 7:30PM
- OCTOBER 9 - CHOIR 7:00PM
- OCTOBER 12 - YOUTH GROUP 6:30 - 8:00PM
- OCTOBER 15 - FREE MEAL AT GRACE; MORNING BIBLE STUDY 9:00AM; LIGHT MEAL 5:30PM; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30PM
- OCTOBER 16 - CHOIR 7:00PM
- OCTOBER 21 - MOPS 6:00 - 8:00PM; FELLOWSHIP GUILD 7:00PM
- OCTOBER 22 - MORNING BIBLE STUDY 9:00AM; LIGHT MEAL 5:30PM; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30PM
- OCTOBER 25 - MEN'S FELLOWSHIP BREAKFAST 7:00AM; KOINONIA CLASS TRIP
- OCTOBER 26 - YOUTH GROUP 6:30 - 8:00PM
- OCTOBER 29 - MORNING BIBLE STUDY 9:00AM; LIGHT MEAL 5:30PM; AWANA 6:00 - 7:30PM
AWANA CLUBS OCTOBER 2014 CALENDAR...
- Wednesday, October 1st: Regular Club / Target Night, 6:00 - 7:30pm;
- Friday, October 3rd: Target Reward Night
- Wednesday, October 8th: Regular Club, 6:00 - 7:30pm
- Wednesday, October 15th: Regular Club, 6:00 - 7:30pm
- Wednesday, October 29th: Food-A-Rama Night, 6:00 - 7:30pm. Bring food for Food Drive; all parts of club will involve food-related activities.
- THERE WILL NOT BE A MEETING ON OCTOBER 22ND
A light meal is served each Wednesday night that we meet from 5:30-5:50 p.m.
Volunteers are always needed to serve all ages: Puggles (nursery), Cubbies (preschool), Sparks (K-2nd grade), Truth &Training (3rd-6th grade). To learn more, contact Rhonda Johnson, 223-9690, 574-721-8544,
First Baptist will be hosting the Free Meal at Grace United Methodist Church on Wednesday, October 15th. Thanks to everyone that provided groceries and came to help in September. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s help and financial support. If you would like to make a monetary donation, checks can be written to First Baptist Church with Free Meal written on the memo line.
Children's Church Volunteer Schedule...
Follower's Class (Pre-K)
- October 5: Laura Manns
- October 12: Cindy Bowditch
- October 19: Melissa Judy
- October 26: Lorie Hurst
Disciples Class (K-3rd Grade)...
- October: Rhonda Johnson
- October 5: Morgan Leslie, Mackenzie Leslie, Elly Fuller
- October 12: Abbie McCarter, Grant McCarter, Andrew Bauch
- October 19: Ashleigh Navarro, Brianna Yarber, Elijah Yarber
- October 26: Amelia Scorsone, Elizabeth Weaver, Dylan Weaver
October Mission Focus 2014 “International Team - Brock & Nancy Luginbill”...
Brock and Nancy Luginbill and their three children, serving as missionaries in Ecuadore, are the featured FBC mission focus for October 2014. The Luginbill Family is part of the La Roca Skate Church. Their monthly newsletters are posted on the missions bulle-tin board in the upper hallway.
The Luginbills are es-pecially thankful for our “...faithful prayers and sup-port.” They ask for continued prayer for funding. If you are wanting and able to financially support the Luginbills this month, please make your check out to FBC and put the Luginbills on the memo line. Thank you for your prayers for this faithful family.
MEN'S PRAYER GROUP...
Men of Rochester, you are invited to join us for men’s prayer group! We will be meeting Monday, October 6th at the First Baptist Church at 7pm. Any man who has an interest in praising God and being encouraged in their faith should attend! Contact Braden Chandler, 223-2367 if you have any questions.
Members of the M&M’s met on September 10, 2014 at the Streamliner for lunch.
Junior Bose gave devotions based on the book of James, chapter 4, verse 14. The theme was “What is Your Life?”.
September birthdays were acknowledged for Mark Spencer, Elaine Hoglund, Marjory Phil-lips, Carol Calloway, Lola Riddle and Sharon Border. Junior Bose and Barb Ogle shared several jokes and short stories. Prayer concerns were raised for Pat Thomp-son, Sue Stokes, Marilyn and John Fry, Jean Miller, Jack Smiley and Millie Anness.
The next meeting will be held on October 8, 2014 at the Stream-liner for lunch at 11:30.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and the authoritative word of God.
- We believe in God the Son, Jesus Christ, who was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, and was crucified for the sins of mankind.
We believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ from Death; in His ascension to the right hand of The Father, and His future personal return in power and glory.
- We believe the personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior, and Lord is essential and sufficient for salvation.
We believe the Holy Spirit blesses every believer with spiritual gifts which are to be used for the edification and building-up of the Body of Christ (The Church).
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved to eternal life in God's heavenly presence, and the lost to eternal damnation and endless suffering.
We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in Jesus Christ, as The Church, or the Body of Christ.
CLICK ANY THUMBNAIL TO BEGIN THE PHOTO GALLERY...
If you have an immediate need call the First Baptist Church of Rochester at 574-223-3613.
Our Service is a blend of traditional and contemporary. We sing traditional hymns and worship choruses. A message based on readings from the Bible is also shared each week.
SUNDAY SCHOOL: 10:30am
SUNDAY WORSHIP: 9:15am
Outdoor Lake Service at Lake Manitou Spillway @7:44am. Worshipers may come by boat, or drive and bring a lawn chair. (Memorial Day Weekend thru Labor Day Weekend).
CALL CHURCH OFFICE FOR LIST OF GROUPS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Church Office: 574-223-3613
M&M's FELLOWSHIP LUNCHEON...
Meet 2nd Wednesday of month at The Streamliner, 11:30am.
Fellowship Breakfast that meets monthly on last Saturday of the month at Alejandra's at 7:00am
Ladies Guild meets monthly on the 3rd Tuesday, meeting at various locations at 7:00pm